BSTC is a course for people who want to be teachers. A person who has this certificate can teach in public schools and private schools. So, it is very useful for those people who want to become a teacher. In this article, we will see the full form of BSTC and how to prepare for BSTC.
BSTC Full Form
The full form of BSTC is the Basic School Teaching Certificate. The certificate is awarded by the General Teaching Council for India and allows the holder to teach in any primary school or infant school in India.
What is BSTC?
BSTC full form is “Basic School Teaching Certificate”. It is a diploma-level course for those who wish to pursue a career in teaching at the primary or elementary school level. The duration of the course is two years and it is offered by many distance education universities in India. After successful completion of the BSTC course, candidates will be eligible to apply for various teaching jobs at the primary or elementary school level.
Read Also – Navi Personal Loan Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria For BSTC
To be eligible for the Basic School Teaching Certificate (BSTC), candidates must:
- Be a citizen of India.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed their senior secondary education (10+2) or equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in their qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST category will be given a 5% relaxation in the minimum marks required.
What is the Exam Pattern of BSTC?
The Basic School Teaching Certificate exam pattern is as follows:
- The BSTC examination will be two and a half hours in duration.
- The BSTC examination will be of objective type (multiple choice questions).
- There will be four question papers in the BSTC examination as given below:
- Paper I – Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Paper II – General Awareness Test (GAT) with special reference to Rajasthan
- Paper III – Language Proficiency Test (LPT)– English or Hindi
- Paper IV– Optional Subject Any One (a. Geography, b. Economics, c. History, d. Political Science, e. Sanskrit, f. Urdu, g. Hindi Literature, h. Home Science, i. Mathematics)
- 4. Candidates have to secure a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate to pass the BSTC examination.
Benefits of Basic School Teaching Certificate (BSTC)
There are many benefits of taking Basic School Teaching Certificate (BSTC), including:
- Gaining the skills and knowledge necessary to teach in a primary school setting.
- Becoming familiar with the curriculum and standards for primary education.
- Developing lesson plans and other teaching materials.
- Learning how to manage a classroom and create a positive learning environment.
- Gaining experience in working with children of different ages and abilities.
- Having the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young learners.
How to Apply for BSTC Exam?
The Basic School Teaching Certificate (BSTC) exam is conducted by the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education (RBSE). The exam is held every year in the month of May. The application process for the BSTC exam is as follows:
- Candidates must visit the official website of RBSE to apply for the BSTC exam.
- On the homepage of the website, candidates will find a link for the BSTC application form.
- Candidates must fill in all the required details in the application form and submit it online.
- After submitting the application form, candidates will be redirected to a page where they can make payment for the application fee.
- Payment for the BSTC application fee can be made through credit/debit card or net banking.
- Once the payment is made, candidates will receive a confirmation message on their registered email id and mobile number.
Read Also – Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in India
Q. Who can apply for BSTC?
Ans. Any person who has completed their Graduation with at least 50% marks aggregate is eligible to appear for the BSTC exam.
Q. What is the duration of the BSTC course?
Ans. The duration of the course is two years and it needs to be completed by any government-approved institute.
Q. When will be the BSTC exam conducted?
Ans. The BSTC exam is usually conducted in May every year. The exact date will be announced on the official website closer to the exam date.
Q. What is the full form of the BSTC course?
Ans. BSTC full form “Basic School Teaching Certificate”
I hope this article has provided you with all the information you need to know about BSTC full form. This certificate is necessary for those who wish to become teachers in the state of India. With this certification, you will be able to teach in any public school.